In a world that never stops and changes at the speed of light, we have taken a look back at who we are and our history. At how who we are and the way in which the world described by Scorpion Bay have changed, and above all at what has changed within us: these thoughts have guided us to make an important choice for our company and we have decided to restyle our brand.
Today everything around keeps moving, everything around us wants to tie us down, label us. We never stand in the way of change, but choose to continue living with “extreme freedom and no compromises”.
This is why the brand restyling operation carried out in 2018 made us decide to introduce these new worlds into our collections, while maintaining how we experience them intact.
So we kept the traditional elements of the brand and pay-off, adding two new worlds: #metropolitanstyle e #unusualway87.
On a practical level, we decided to bring all the concepts contained in the Scorpion Bay logo into an urban environment, in which Scorpion Bay is actually worn and experienced today
#metropolitanstyle However, the city scene is experienced in an unusual way, outside the box and free from the labels often applied to city areas
#unusualway87 wearing things that make you feel good, free and at ease in all situations.
These new concepts are always accompanied by the same pay-off as ever “Out There -- Mas Fina”. Out there, alone, in a sensation of peace with the adrenaline on the rise, convinced that you’re not setting a global trend, but only that you are about to emerge, showing off the best of yourself and of what you’re wearing. A fusion of innovation and tradition, design and technique, fabrics and skilled manufacturing takes shape in our lifestyle, our clothing and accessories
LA STORIA DELL’ AZIENDA
- 1945 - Mistri Serafino founded the tailor shop bearing his name in a converted room of his home in Vertova, a town in the province of Bergamo.
- 1961 - The tailor shop turned into a small production business with the purchase of the circular machine “Alber U. Bitzer”, involving the whole family in the work.
- 1971 - The family and their business moved to a larger house in Comenduno di Albino, again in the province of Bergamo.
- 1977 - Mistri Serafino handed over the business to his children who, moving to a new site, established the company GIPSY dei Fratelli Mistri S.n.c, manufacturing women’s underwear.
- 1983 - The Gipsy manufacturing company began producing t-shirts and sweatshirts for third party customers.
- 1984 - The factory was expanded from 600 to 2000 square metres.
- 1991 - Acquisition of the brand “Hang Ten”.
- 1992 - Gipsy moved to its new site, where it is currently located, spanning 7500 square metres;the share capital increased from 500,000 to 1,548,000 euro.
- 1992 - Acquisition of the licence for the brand Scorpion Bay and creation of the first SS1993 Collection. The idea for the collection is linked to the development of the new salesnetwork.
- 1993 - Acquisition of the license for the brand Fido Dido.
- 1993 - Acquisition of the brand Sailor’s.
- 2003 - Acquisition of the brand Scorpion Bay for Europe and transformation of the company from Gipsy S.n.c to Gipsy S.p.A.
- 2007 - Acquisition of the brand Scorpion Bay for the world.
- 2008 - Launch of the “retail” project, with the goal of opening 40 points of sale in the space of 10 years
- 2012 - The company Gipsy became Scorpion Bay S.p.A.
- 2017 - The company celebrated 40 years in the business by opening its fortieth point of sale
- 2019 - The “omnichannel” project was launched to ensure that the company continues making even closer contact with its customers and provide a purchasing experience in line with the times.